- 1 Tableau Training Course Content Details
- 1.1 What is Tableau
- 1.2 Tableau Course Content
- 1.3 Tableau Training Demo
- 1.4 Contact Us for Tableau Online and classroom training
Tableau Training Course Content Details
What is Tableau
Tableau Software is a software company headquartered in Seattle, Washington, United States which produces interactive data visualization products focused on business intelligence. It initially began in order to commercialize research which had been conducted at Stanford University’s Department of Computer Science between 1999 and 2002. It was founded in Mountain View, California in January, 2003 by Chris Stolte, who specialized in visualization techniques for exploring and analyzing relational databases and data cubes. The product queries relational databases, OLAP cubes, cloud databases, and spreadsheets and then generates a number of graph types.
Tableau has a mapping functionality, and is able to plot latitude and longitude coordinates. It has been criticized for being overly US-centric. They also offer custom geocoding,as well as five ways to access their products: Desktop (both professional and personal editions), Server, Online (which scales to support thousands of users), Reader, and Public, with the last two free to use. Vizable, a consumer data visualization mobile app, was released in 2015. For more info click here.
Tableau Course Content
- Tableau introduction and overview.
- Tableau Architecture
- What is tableau desktop, work book, worksheets and their usage
- Overview of Tableau Interface and show how to connect data source, in-memory
- Define filters – global filters
- Explain sorting computed and manual sorting
- Define groups, sets, calculated fields, parameters.
- Explain graphs and its views.
- Define what is graphs and views
- Define bar charts, line charts, individual axis, blended axis, dual axis.
- Define scatter plot, pie chart and bar chart.
- Define maps-filled maps, maps pie chart, heat map, tree map and page shell
- Introduction to graph and view
- What is context filter
- What is Table calculation
- Define aggregating and dis aggregating data
- Explain reference line and trend lines.
- Define graphs and views- small and multiple, explain string function.
- Define table calculation, aggregating and disaggregating data, forecasting.
- Define drop lines, summary card
- Define annotation, mark labels, formatting.
- Define string function, date function and logical function.
- Explain forecasting
- Describing the views.
- Working with date function
- Explain dashboards
- What is actions
- How to create a dashboard.
- How to perform navigation in dashboards.
-[TABLEAU COURSE CONTENT]
- Define data blending.
- Explain joins
- Installation & configuration
- Server analysis reports
- Users/groups creation
- Project creation
- Some admin/normal user functionality
- Creating jobs for data extracts and configuring data connections
Tableau Training Demo
Contact Us for Tableau Online and classroom training
Address: PlotNo 126/c,2nd floor,Street Number 4, Addagutta Society, Jal Vayu Vihar, Kukatpally, Hyderabad, Telangana 500085